Tuesday, March 4, 2008

More RIPs

Well, by now we all know about the death of Jeff Healey, and today it was announced that Gary Gygax has gone as well:

Gygax and Dave Arneson developed Dungeons & Dragons in 1974. The game started a culture of gamers, who now feed a sophisticated multi-billion dollar video and online game industry.

"His innovation created an entirely new type of hobby that now attracts millions of players worldwide," the black-shrouded D&D website said Tuesday.

"He inspired generations of designers, players and authors and he will be sorely missed by legions of fans."

Geeky confession to those who don't already know it- I love D&D. I just wish I could find the time- or the players- to get a campaign going now.

And I don't know his alignment, so I can't tell you what outer plane he's gone on to.

No comments: