Friday, September 26, 2008

Compartmentalization

Well, it's often said that "the personal is political". But, as politically incorrect as it may be, I'm going to run a political blog (the one you're reading now) and a personal one (my old one). The LJ one is going to be "friends only"; if you're not a LJ user, just get an account (you don't have to actually make any blog entries) and friend me. Some of my links will migrate as well. If I'm feeling ambitious I may start migrating entries from one blog to another, if they don't belong where they are.

Why am I doing this? Well, you've probably noticed that the personal content has dropped of late. That's partly because there's been so much going on in the outside world, but partly because I've started to see it as imprudent to write about my life on a blog that anyone can read. So I've decided to adopt this as a solution.

Edited to add: I've resigned myself to the idea that I can't migrate all entries. Several have comments that I don't want to delete, and I don't know any way of transferring them. So there will be some entries on this blog that probably belong on the other one. Oh well.

As well, although I refer to this as a political blog, it's not exclusively so; it's more a news blog with a political focus. In any case, I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: