Thursday, March 12, 2009

My tentative prediction for River Heights-Fort Garry

I think Orlikow will win.

Having been phoning a fair bit on the campaign, a good many people seem pretty noncommittal, but there's more support for Orlikow than Currier in just about every poll I've called. Interestingly, one fellow, after speaking in a critical way about the way school taxes have gone up, said that he was leaning toward Orlikow nevertheless because Currier, well, failed to impress him with his intellect. Of course, River Heights is one place where being intelligent can actually count for something, and where being a CJOB broadcaster might actually be a stroke against you. I haven't done much calling into Fort Garry or Linden Woods, so I'm not sure how well the pattern holds in those areas.

So yeah, I think Orlikow can pull this off.

No comments: