Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sad news, and plenty of chaos

Ms B-D, it turns out, died on Saturday evening. Naturally, her family is taking it pretty hard. I finally got hold of her son yesterday; he's better than he was, but it's been pretty rough on him. The funeral is on Saturday.

Tuesday was a chaotic day. Ms McD was originally going to take the train to Brampton and stay with her half-sister who just rediscovered her through Facebook, then catch a flight to Saint John on Wednesday. Well, her sister decided that she didn't want Ms McD staying with her on that day. Ms McD decided that she wanted to stay in a hotel in Toronto and catch the airport shuttle in the morning. Sound enough idea, and she figured (correctly) that I'd be enough of a sucker to lend her money for the hotel. (I do hope she didn't order a few hundred bucks worth of room service, but hey, if she did at least I get a few extra Air Miles for using my Amex).

Then yesterday her ex called me, wondering where she was. At her request I said I didn't know (not strictly a lie, since at the time he called she was at some indeterminate location, probably somewhere over Quebec or New England). I've emailed her to inform her of this; I don't know what she'll do with this information, though.

Agile Like This are playing at the Button Factory on Friday; I'm looking forward to that, at least.

No comments: