Wednesday, April 16, 2008

That's it! We're going back to Winnipeg!

Well, they made me an offer I can't refuse. I've been offered a job in Winnipeg that pays more than my current one, requires a lot less travel, and is still related to my field. I can't emphasize how good this is.

You see, it's been a long time since I felt consistently optimistic about my own future. For instance, I don't put a lot of stock in such things as horoscopes or fortune cookies, but if I did, and I got one that said "You will be surrounded by friendship" I would assume that it meant that I was going to end up living at the House of Friendship. Or, if it said "There will be a lot of change in your life very soon", I'd assume it meant I'd be wandering the streets looking for spare change... you get the idea. But now it looks like something is actually turning out well.

Of course, this means I've got a whole bunch of things to do very soon. Number one is giving notice at my present job, which I'll do tomorrow. Then I've got to start packing my shite to be shipped by Greyhound (except what I can fit into my car), and find someone who's interested in my apartment. If you're reading this, and are interested, it's a two bedroom apartment for a very reasonable price in a pretty convenient location (right on the #7 bus line). I'd be willing to throw in a bunch of the furniture, to get rid of it. Then there's forwarding my mail, and finding an apartment in Winnipeg (preferably close to downtown); again, if you're reading this and know of anyone who's trying to sublet or the like, please let me know.

And last but not least, any KW friends reading this, I'd really like to hang out with you before I leave, so drop me a line.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, a 'Pegger returns! :) I got to visit in March and had a wonderful time there myself. I guess it will always be home.

Lauri-Ann in LA

Sharilyn said...

Congrats!!!

Ixion said...

Well done!

I'll probably see you as much when you return to Winnipeg as I do now, given my crappy schedule.

Nigel Hanrahan said...

That's great, buddy.

Mind you, I have to admit that the thought crossed my mind that I could sublet my own apartment to you and flee Winnipeg. Things are not so good for me right now.

Best wishes and we will have to play some chess. I want to see that Marshall Gambit again!!

Nigel Hanrahan

Ixion said...

Now you have a real reason to celebrate 4/20 this upcoming weekend.

P.S. I always meant to ask why you didn't pick ***420@*** for your e-mail address instead of ***204@***? Hell, you're already the 204th imposter to try and use that name, so why not go all the way and get something relevant to your life?

nitroglycol said...

It's a leftover from my call centre days (or my wannabe phreak days, depending on how you look at it). And in a couple of weeks it will actually be accurate again!