Friday, August 15, 2008

The wonders of modern technology...

I am currently posting this from my piece-of-crap laptop (PII-366, 128 megs RAM) because my main system uses wireless (thanks to the rather curious absence of useable phone jacks in the living room) and something in the wireless system is on the fritz (either the USB adapter for wireless, the software for it, or the router is acting up. The Ethernet sockets in the router work fine; I still have to try out the wireless card with the router to see if that works. In any case, the systray icon for the wireless thingy keeps popping in and out of existence, never managing to connect to the router. Sometimes as many as a dozen instances of the wireless program appear, but none of them lasts. I'll have to check with one of my techie friends about that. This laptop could probably use a reinstall of Windows, while I'm at it.

No comments: