"Throughout the nation there are going to be thousands more people enrolled in Medicaid and every state except one is going to have to come up with matching money," Graham remarks. "I have 12 percent unemployment in South Carolina. My state's on its knees. I have 31 percent African-American population in South Carolina."Source (h/t jblaque). Perhaps he thinks that most of the other 69% of the state will approve. The sad thing is, he might be right; certainly most of his base won't be turned off by comments like that.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
US Senator cites blacks as disadvantage for his state