Monday, June 25, 2007

Arrival

I arrived in Winnipeg yesterday evening after an uneventful flight, to find out that CL had called my mum to check up on me. It seems that after dropping me off at the airport, she'd gone home and turned on the TV to see this. Fortunately it didn't hit the city, nor did the several others that touched down yesterday in various parts of the province. I called to reassure her, but there was no answer, so I left a message.

Our cottage plans are on hold till tomorrow, owing to continued thunderstorm warnings for the Kenora area. Since the cottage is only accessible by boat, we figured it might be a bad idea to cross the lake in an aluminum boat in a thunderstorm, so we're going to wait till tomorrow.

My effing laptop is acting awfully sluggish right now, so that's it for this post.

1 comment:

Whippersnapper said...

Did I mention that I think I have West Nile Virus? Welcome home! *cough cough*