Sunday, May 27, 2007

Getting ready to return to hell...

Well, I don't know if too many people would consider Muskoka to be hell, but when most people go up there it's to enjoy themselves, not to spend twelve hours a day sorting garbage. Additionally, our contact with the regional government there told us "I hope you like bugs". Now I'm generally quite fine with insects, but I suspect that he was referring to the families Culicidae and Simuliidae, which tend to make one's work environment more unpleasant than it would otherwise be.

In a little while I'm headed off to CL and DL's place for breakfast, then to the NDP executive meeting this afternoon. I'll probably have to leave almost immediately afterwards.

My neighbour across the hall told me yesterday that his roommate has a Chinchilla, and that this week when the landlord was over fixing something, up on a step ladder, he came down and was startled to see this creature staring at him. He asked, "is that a mouse?" I guess, though, that if your landlord doesn't know what a mouse looks like it's a good thing.

No comments: