Thursday, May 31, 2007

Back to some sanity

We finished before 2 PM, but it was after 6 by the time I came in my door for the last time. We were stuck in traffic on the 400, owing to the fact that a semi had burst into flames. By the time we passed it the fire was out, and they were in the process of removing the remains of the truck. All there was to see was the chassis, wheels, and engine; the body, tires, etc had melted away from the intensity of the fire. No trailer attached, but there was a bunch of stuff we passed before we got to the truck, and so I missed the details. The radio merely said that there was a delay on the 400 owing to a truck fire; no word on casualties.

It seems that dropping celebrities' names definitely brings hits, though the way I tend to drop names it's not the sort of thing that encourages people to stay. Yesterday's post brought one hit from someone searching for a certain rock star, and I also just got a hit from another Ottawa-area searcher (perhaps the same one; same ISP, anyway) who was looking for info on the dishonourable member for Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke. The former was very short (registering zero on Sitemeter's clock) while the latter lasted 45 seconds. I guess if I want meaningful traffic, I'll have to have something that encourages people to actually stay.

Nevertheless, I'm going to drop one more name in this post- the band Agile Like This. They're playing tonight at the Circus Room, and they're friends of mine, so I'm going to check out the show.

2 comments:

Whippersnapper said...

Just because it says "zero" doesn't mean they stayed for zero seconds. Read your sitemeter directions!

nitroglycol said...

Ah, I see. I knew it wasn't really zero, but I just assumed that it rounded down for a hit shorter than a certain amount.