Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The torment continues...

So now I find out that I have a bunch of stuff to fix with the Wellington County report. And it has to be done now, i.e. I probably shouldn't even be taking time out to post this, but I'm going mad, and unsure as to how I'm going to pull this off. At this point, I find it increasingly hard to give a shit, except that I have to make some pretense of fixing the problem. The difficulty lies in some inconsistent data we had (some from the county, and some from our own work), possibly combined with errors on my part in analyzing the data (but since I don't even remember what I did a couple of weeks ago, and my notes are back at the office, I really don't know if I did it right based on the data I'd used... just that the data I used isn't the data I should have used).

Fuck I hate my job.

1 comment:

Whippersnapper said...

Half Muppet Half Mucus seems to going through the same things you are dealing with right now.

I'm feeling guilty now about talking you out of going into teaching. But it is SUCH an awful job in SO many ways that I CAN'T in good conscience recommend it to ANYONE. And I really think it's a job that would drive you crazy. 90% of the population is pretty stupid, academically speaking anyway, and you're so smart I don't think you would have a lot of patience for that kind of thing.

There MUST be some jobs suited to your intelligence that you could still train for.

What about code-breaking? Check out www.gchq.gov.uk/codebreaking/puzzle1.html

Is there a Canadian equivalent?