Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More of same... piled higher and deeper

For better or worse, my existence continues. The loads weren't too bad today. I was in a lousy mental state for most of the day, as per usual (see below) but as usual the feeling has lifted somewhat. Actually I think it lifted a bit around the time we discovered yet another problem with the shitmobile. The vehicle was parked outside the building, its rear facing us with the garage door open, and ND noticed that a bolt was hanging lower than the others of its type. Inspection showed that it was actually one of the U-bolts that hold the rear axle housing to the leaf spring, and that it was actually broken. Following a couple of phone calls, the Human Sawmill got in the truck and drove it to a dealership in Orillia (the nearest place we could find that carried the part). In the course of the repair they discovered that at least one leaf of the spring itself was broken, but for the time being they've just replaced the bolt; one hopes that the bosses will see fit to replace the spring when we get back. I suppose I should feel guilty for being amused by the situation, but I don't. As far as I can see, the more things that go wrong with that thing the better- maybe they'll finally see fit to get rid of the damn thing. I'm not holding my breath, though.

And you've got to see this video:


Make sure you watch the whole thing- you'll be amazed at how it ends. Certainly not your typical nature video.

2 comments:

Whippersnapper said...

That's the best title for a post I think I've ever seen.

Whippersnapper said...

... and I've seen LOTS...